Face ageing is a process that lasts during the whole life and it already starts in 20s. As we are getting old, skin slowly loses its elasticity due to collagen and hyaluronic acid loss. Hyaluronic acid is naturally found in our body, first of all in our connective tissue and it has a very important role in water binding, which tightens subcutaneous tissue and thus contributes to skin elasticity. Ageing is most noticeable on face and neck where environmental factors can accelerate those changes giving older appearance due to wrinkling and skin atrophy. Innovative measures and treatments such as dermal fillers and vistabel are created to revitalise your skin and face what brings back the youthful appearance and freshness. Results are visible immediately and they do not disturb either mimics or natural contours of your face.
Dermal fillers are targeted for both women and men and are usually applied under the local anaesthesia, or after applying anaesthetic cream to skin. After that, dermal filler is implemented by sterile technique into a desired area. After completion of the procedure, the patient is resting for some time, with a cold compress on the treated area. The procedure takes from 20 to 30 minutes, depending on anaesthesia, technique or the size of the treated area. We differentiate natural fillers based on hyaluronic acid and synthetic dermal fillers based on polyacrylamides.
- HYALURONIC ACID Hyaluronic acid naturally can be found in deeper layers of our skin (dermis). It helps keeping skin smooth and filled with its abilities of holding one thousand times greater weight in water. It lubricates joints and it has a key role in faster wound healing and other skin conditions. These are resorbing fillers made with stabilized hyaluronic acid, obtained through biochemical process and without animal origin. Among them we can find. Juvederm (Allergan), Restylane (Q-Med), Glytone (Pierre Fabre). The duration of the dermal fillers’ effect is not the same for each patient. It can last from 6 months up to one year for most of them, but also up to 2 years with some dermal fillers.
- POLYACRYLAMIDE This is non-resorbable synthetic filler which can be found in Aquamid (Contura Int.) and consists of aqueous solution and 2,5% of polyacrylamide. Effects are constant and long-lasting.
With dermal fillers we treat: This is non-resorbable synthetic filler which can be found in Aquamid (Contura Int.) and consists of aqueous solution and 2,5% of polyacrylamide. Effects are constant and long-lasting.
- Nose-to-mouth furrow (Nasolabial fold)
- Folds from mouth corners towards chin (marionette lines)
- Lines around lips (perioral lines)
- Area between the eyebrows (glabellar lines)
- Lips (volumizing and shaping)
- Skin of wrists, cleavage, face and neck (skin rejuvenation)
Vistabel, commonly known as botulinum toxin, is the most famous and most popular treatment of wrinkle smoothing in the world. It is injected into muscles to reduce mild and sharp frown wrinkles between the eyebrows (glabellar lines), on the forehead, around the eyes and on the neck.
It is applied by a qualified doctor, like our plastic surgeon, due to the fact that it is being injected directly into the muscles between the eyebrows and other facial muscles in different concentrations. It functions by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles, which reduces muscle activity that creates mild to sharp furrows formed on the face.
Vistabel is intended for both women and men to prevent wrinkles on their faces and it has been used in almost 11 million treatments since its introduction in 2002. Results are visible after only several days. You can notice significant improvement from mild to sharp wrinkles between the eyebrows. Results last from 3 to 6 months.
Although the results are visible immediately, treatment with Vistabel won’t radically change your facial appearance nor you will look as if you were submitted to a surgical procedure. Muscle activity which causes frown wrinkles between the eyebrows is temporarily reduced, so that you can continue with moving your eyebrows or look surprised without wrinkles and lines between the eyebrows and on other facial areas.
Discomfort during the treatment is usually minimal and short-lived. Before the injection, we most frequently apply anaesthesia with anaesthetic cream or local anaesthetic on the area of treatment. The whole procedure takes around 10 minutes.
Dermal fillers can be combined with other treatments like Vistabel, which gives the best results for fresh and rejuvenated appearance.